09 June 2011

Workout, Bike and Protein Shake

Pretty psyched to get out to the gym this morning. Was at work nice and early (7am) and got a lot done, so was able to head over at 8:20 or so. I got a 12 week Tri-a-Tri training program from my friend Steve, and although I'm not sure that I'll start it, it did inspire me this morning to do something that I never do: stationary bike. Steve's program has a 15 minute bike workout in the first week, so I decided to try that out.

It was actually pretty fun to see what the bike was like. Wow, my legs were burning about 2 minutes into it, so that's something. I ended up doing just under 2.5km in 15 minutes. Good times. I think I'll keep mixing that into the workouts. It would be fun to do a simulated Tri-a-Tri at the gym at one point. Just gotta find a pool to swim in.

Finished off the workout with the usual upper body weight circuit x 2. Mixed in some half-assed core while waiting for machines to clear.

And finally, I'm drinking a Myoplex shake right now. Got 'em for 10 bucks a 4 pack at the GNC near my work. Seemed like a good deal. It's actually pretty tasty, and another 25g of protein. It's a tough call though: 210 calories. Tradeoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment