09 May 2011

May Update - Week 1

Bit of a rough week to start the May adventure. First, absolutely no workouts in the first week. Ridiculous, but I kept getting meetings booked early in the morning, so that was killing my normal gym time.

Second, I had a decent food week for 4 days, then the wheels fell off on Thursday. "Team building" night at work (many beers + late night fast food), Friday night cheat + beers, Saturday full day cheat + beers, Sunday full day cheat (!) I should weight 200 lbs right now.

But, miraculously, I don't. I did get up to 195 lbs on Sunday morning. Down to 194 lbs today. Now, it's time to kill it this week.

Started off with my best run in a looooong time. 3 km in 24:30. It appears that my "steady" cardio pace is about 5.0 mph - in other words, I can run at 5 mph for a long time with a high steady heart rate. 5.5 is also good for long stretches (I ran about 1.5 km at 5.5 to start this run). I really need to bring my heart rate monitor to the gym and test that out.

Onward and downward! I also decided today that the day my weight hits 185 trend, I will switch from cardio workouts to weight training and some HIIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment