20 May 2011

Workout and May Update

Just couldn't get excited to run this morning, even though I haven't been able to get out to the gym all week. I almost skipped it altogether, but in the end I *was* able to get excited enough about weights to at least go and lift for an hour. Haven't done that in a while - a full hour of just lifting. My arms are shaking as I type this; going to be very sore tomorrow I bet.

Tried to note weights a bit, but again, I have to find a way to record weights and reps. I guess I could just go old school and use a piece of paper. There was a guy who was actually lugging an iPad around the gym with him. No thanks.

Bench press: 105 lbs.
Shoulder press: 70 lbs.
Bicep curl: 70 lbs.
Leg press: 195 lbs.
Lat pulldown: 90 lbs.
Tricep pushdown: 45 lbs.

1st set at full weight for 8 reps. Later sets 8 reps, but weight usually 5-10% down.

Also, weight was around 191.5 this morning. Going to be difficult to hit the spot target of 185 by next week. The issue is bad nutrition days (read: cheat days). I've been a little more liberal than April and that's really having an effect. I can get down to sub-190, cheat up to 195 and then it takes 3 days to get back to 191 again. I am still moving downward on a trend basis, but even that will stop very soon. The good news is that there is at least directional indication that I've lost about 1-2% body fat since starting all this in April. I'm getting pretty consistent readings of 24% now.

June may be a very austere month for food and drink (sob).

No comments:

Post a Comment