05 June 2011

Workout (or "Kids, Did You Know Running Outside Is Hard?")

Just got the bug to go out and run a bit tonight, mostly because I spend the afternoon reading beginnertriathlete.com. I set the old iPod for a 35 minute workout and off I went. Some observations:
  1. It's mosquito season here in Canada. At dusk, they're out in force.
  2. I almost stepped on a raccoon while adjusting said iPod.
  3. Running on paved sidewalks and roads beats the hell out of your heels, ankles, shins and knees.
  4. I have trouble pacing myself without the help of a treadmill.
All of that added up to a rather disappointing 2.5 km in 35 minutes, with lots and lots of walking. But, hey, I did it, instead of playing WOW. And, to be honest, according to my handy heartrate monitor, I spend almost all of that 35 minutes in my target zone, so it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment