16 June 2011

Workout

Cycle training 3

Holy hell, got on the bike tonight! Lots of things came together tonight to make this happen:

  1. Tri training schedule called for 15 minutes on the bike
  2. Missed my workout before work this morning
  3. Got home tonight to find that my lovely wife had bought me a new bike helmet!
It seemed like karma. So I got the old mountain bike down, pumped up the tires, checked the brakes and took off for a nice ride around the neighbourhood. I ended up being out for about 20 minutes or so and according to mapmyrun.com, I covered about 5 kilometres, which seems pretty good.

It's been a while since I've been on the bike at all, so when I finished, I noticed that my quads felt...heavy. They didn't hurt, but felt kind of...um, pumped. I thought to myself, "I wonder if this is why they say that running after biking is an acquired skill?". So, I tried to jog a bit in front of my house...

I'm not gonna lie: I fell down.

No comments:

Post a Comment