15 April 2011

April Slow Carb - Another Update

An interesting development: On Wednesday, I had a couple of things working against me. First, I was in a 5 hour meeting at work, and lunch was brought in. And, of course, it was sandwiches. I managed to steal a turkey wrap to keep the carbs down, and get some salad in there. I did however, have a cookie, because I was flatlining in the meeting.

Wait, it gets worse. That night, retirement party! Glass and a half of red wine, and a few jack and cokes. Now, normally, I would have had beer, so that's a small win. But now the killer: I was so hungry that I had McDonald's on the way home. Double cheeseburger, fries, Sprite, the whole 9 yards. Then I got home and ate banana bread, cheese and, I swear, M&Ms. Good lord.

So, I was prepared for a bit of a "spike" on Thursday morning.

Nope, lowest weight since I started: 191.6. What the hell? I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but it feels like I'm in pretty good shape so far. For those keeping score at home, here's the latest tally:

April 3 (start day) - 197.6
April 11 (1 week later) - 195.2
April 15 - 192.0
Total lost so far - 5.6 lbs

I'm definitely on pace to do 10 lbs this month, but I'm also thinking that I'll probably have to starting getting to the gym more regularly. And no more McDonalds.

No comments:

Post a Comment