04 April 2011

April Slow Carb - Day 1

Well, enough is enough. After hitting a ridiculously high 197 lbs and not having been to the gym in 2 weeks, it's time to make a change. I've been thinking about it for a while and honestly, this is the final straw.

So, on Friday, I decided that I'd do the 4HB slow carb diet in April. Not, the "modified" version that I made up in January. News flash: it didn't work at all. Nope, the real, full on, slow carb version. I'll probably starve to death.

Naturally, I started with a cheat day, to get it all out of my system. Pizza, cookies, chips and beer. Good times. Then came Sunday, and the good times ended. My Sunday menu:
  1. Breakfast: Protein shake (have to get 30g of protein with 1/2 of waking up)
  2. Lunch: Butternut squash soup (homemade, and damn tasty)
  3. Dinner: Steak and asparagus
  4. Snack: Glass of red wine
How did I feel? Interestingly, I was peeing like a champ all day. I guess that's the water fleeing the building as the sodium level in my body drops. I also was a little weak and headache-y in the early evening. Later, I felt like I was genuinely starving.. I had to go to bed at 9:30 to try to forget about the hunger.

On to day 2! Had the protein shake in the car this morning. Green tea at work. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment