04 January 2011

Protein Bars

So, somewhere in the 4HB, Tim says that I should be trying to get some protein, preferably within 1/2 hour of waking up. The only way that's happening with my schedule is with nutritional supplements. I just don't have the time in the morning to cook eggs and waking up my wife and kids at 6am isn't an option. So, protein bars to the rescue!



Last week, I stopped in at GNC real quick and grabbed these four tasty treats. All are peanut butter flavoured in some way, on the premise that if you have to choke one of these down, it better taste good. For me, that means peanut butter.

Up first, the BioX Xtreme Protein 32 Peanut Crunch. BioX is a Canadian company, which is good. Google lists their website as "possibly compromised" which is bad, but probably won't affect the taste of the bar itself. Hmmmm, looks like a peanut butter cup. Tastes like a protein bar. A little metallic. Extra points though for throwing the rice crisps in it; actual crunch is a good thing. In fact, a little more would be welcome. It's a big bar and a little tough to get through in one sitting. I can only get down half of it. Saving the other half for after workout later this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment