10 January 2011

Workout

I settled on a workout plan. I decided I'll try the Occam's Protocol stuff from 4HB for the rest of January and see how it goes. Because this means significantly less time spent lifting, it leaves me time for a full 25 minute cardio session.

Today I did the 25 mins of run/walk and covered 2.68km (3.5-5.5 mph).

I also did the exercises to determine my starting weights for Occam's. Workout A is two exercises only:
  1. Close grip pulldowns - 115 lbs x 4 reps (to failure)
  2. Shoulder press - 65 lbs x 4 reps (to failure)
According to Tim's formula this means that my starting points are 85 lbs for the pulldowns and 40 lbs for the shoulder press. You do only 1 set to failure with this weight, at 7 or more repetitions. Then you bump the weight by 10%.

Workout B on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment