31 January 2011

January Review

Our first monthly review! How exciting. If only the news was better. Well, it's not all bad actually.

First, I basically met my (unwritten) goal of two workouts per week in January. I missed one workout total in the month (week 3), which is actually pretty good for me. If I could add Saturday night hockey to this, I'd be at my 3 workouts per week optimum. That'll be the goal for February - to just get out to hockey on Saturday night one time. Just. One. Time.

Weight is another story. I started the month at spot weight of 196.6, trend 194.9. I finished the month with spot weight 194.6, trend 193.8. That's not what I was hoping for to say the least. My version of the slow carb diet obviously doesn't work. I'm getting killed by:

- eating at night
- beer
- drinking beer, then eating at night

Something has to give here.

So, the weight's not coming off, but I do feel a little stronger and I don't feel all that bloated anymore, which is good. Still not sure what was up with that. Interestingly, I feel pretty gross after "cheat days" on weekends. Yesterday, I had pizza for lunch, a Big Mac for dinner, a beer and a glass of wine and had such brutal heartburn that I was waking up in the middle of the night. I guess my body is getting used to relatively good food during the week, so it rebels a bit on the weekends.

Stay tuned for goal setting for February!

No comments:

Post a Comment