04 January 2011

Workout

25 mins, internal walk/run (3.3-3.5/5.5-6.0). Max HR 168. 2.5 km distance covered. Still a fraction of what I could do when I was training for the 5K. My cardio capacity has really, really suffered over the past year.

Strength training is getting better though. I need to do some baselining here, but my basic routine is:

  1. Dumbell Flys - 3 of 8 @ 20 lbs
  2. Pulldowns - 3 of 8 @ 70 lbs
  3. Alternating Shoulder Press - 3 of 8 @ 15 lbs
  4. Curls - 3 of 8 @ 20lbs
  5. Tricep Pushdowns - 3 of 8 @ ?? (haven't added this yet...probably about 15 lbs to start)
Need to add legs obviously. And I have a core/stomach workout that I'm mixing in too.

The issue now is the need to start separating cardio and strength workouts. If I do 25 minutes of cardio, it leaves me time for only an abbreviated version of the above. Usually I can get through 1 or maybe 2 sets of each, with some half-assed core mixed in (crunchs, plank, leg lift).

No comments:

Post a Comment