17 January 2011

Starting Another Week + Protein Bar Review #2

So, I guess I'm a little disappointed so far. The weight is definitely coming off, but it's at a slow, measured pace (around 1 lb of fat/week). I guess I thought I'd see an avalanche, but it's just not happening. Interestingly, I am off the pace of 2010, where my trend weight was 192 at this point and this year it's still 195. This could be because it's a Monday and I'm always a bit heavier after a beer/cheat day on Saturday.

I also ordered the PAGG stack outlined in The 4HB. I'll try that and see if additional supplements make any difference. For the record I use iHerb for supplements. Good prices and reasonable shipping to Canada. Got my vitamin D from them last year and it was a smooth, cheap and fast process.

Finally, I know I never really got around to reviewing the other protein bars from that earlier post, so today I'm kicking it off again with this bad boy:



The Supreme Protein Peanut Butter Pretzel Twist is the best protein bar I've had so far. Why? One word: crunch. Every single bar I've had has been a solid lump of goo formed into a bar. This bar, on the other hand, actually has some texture and crunch. The taste was okay; not great, but peanut buttery and not too metallic or medicine-y. Probably an 8/10, but that could go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment